It is imperative for facilities to be able to demonstrate the actions they have taken (and continue to take) to protect residents in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The best way to do this is via documentation. Having a “COVID-19 Response” file to record and store copies of documents will keep a timeline of the preventative actions they have taken. We also recommend these documents are identified with a “do not destroy” destruction date.
This file should include all actions a facility took, such as, but not limited to:
- Visitor restrictions
- Changes inside facility such as stopping group activities
- Staff screening methods implemented
- Infection prevention policy
- PPE efforts
- Attempts to bring in additional staff
- Tests administered
- Communication to families
- State orders (stay at home, closing schools, etc)
Please review the document below for our full guidance about what should be included in your COVID-19 Response File.