The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has contracted with Acumen to develop a claims-based quality measure of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) for the SNF QRP. The contract name is Quality Reporting Program Support for the Long-Term Care Hospital, Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility, Skilled Nursing Facility/Nursing Facility QRPs, and Nursing Home Compare (PAC QRP) Support. The contract number is 75FCMC18D0015. As part of its measure development process, Acumen requests interested parties submit comments on the candidate or concept measures that may be suitable for this project.
- Develop a healthcare-associated infections quality measure for the SNF QRP under the meaningful measure domain: Making Care Safer by Reducing Harm Caused in the Delivery of Care
- Specify the target population, including the exclusion criteria
- Identify risk adjustment variables and the approach for risk adjustment
- Gather feedback on the importance, feasibility, usability and potential impact of calculating an HAI measure
- Identify additional guidance required for implementation in the SNF QRP
Interested in providing comments? Please review the Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAIs) Requiring Hospitalizations measure specification document and deliver your feedback via the email box. Send your comments to QM-Public_Comment@acurmenllc.com
It is vitally important that we as providers are given an opportunity to preview new/proposed products, reports, quality measures, etc. Please take this opportunity to review the information on the CMS website and provide your feedback. Remember, if you don’t vote, you can’t complain about the outcome! The Call for Public Comment period opens on September 14, 2020, and closes on October 14, 2020.