Since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has been issuing citations for violations regarding the coronavirus. There are 144 establishments that have received a citation so far, 32 of which received a citation between October 16, 2020 and October 22, 2020. Such citations can include failures to :
- Implement a written respiratory protection program;
- Provide a medical evaluation, respirator fit test, training on the proper use of a respirator and personal protective equipment;
- Report an injury, illness or fatality;
- Record an injury or illness on OSHA recordkeeping forms; and
- Comply with the General Duty Clause of the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970
The proposed penalties resulting from these violations total $2,025,431. Visit OSHA’s latest news release for a full list of establishments that have been noted for violations, and for details of each citation.