On November 20th, 2020, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) issued a Fifth Amended Public Health Order.
This changes requirements for Colorado skilled nursing facilities, assisted living residences, intermediate care facilities, and group homes regarding Covid-19 prevention. The summary of important revised sections is below, per the CDPHE. Please visit their website for a complete list of revised orders.
Section II.A: Revised visitation guidance that requires ALL of the following criteria to be met:
- County positivity rate is less than 10%
- Facility is conducting surveillance and outbreak testing
- No current outbreak in facility
- 14 day supply of PPE
- Adequate staffing capacity and staff training
Section II.B: Several essential services that cannot be denied for residents in these settings, including:
- Essential health care service providers
- religious services
- adult protective services
- emergency medical services
Section II.C requires the facility to review the county positivity rate every Friday to determine if indoor visitation is permitted the following week.